Search results

1. W

JFK CDG in airbus -- shakier than I thought!

Last night (18 May) I flew JFK-CDG on AF 007. It turned out to be the airbus A380, which I'd only flown once before on LH from FRA to JFK. There was a fair amount of turbulence flying off and on between New York and Nova Scotia, and then again over the ocean...pretty much where the maps on this...
  2. W

3/19 jnb-jfk sa 203 8:40pm

This is a long flight, wondering how it will be for sleeping. Thanks for any advice!
  3. W

3/5 jfk=cdg af09 11:20 pm

Well, it looks pretty bumpy tonight...wonder if tomorrow will be better? fingers crossed.
  4. W

Beautiful -- and smooth -- ride EWR to PTY

So in the spirit of posting when flying is great, here goes: Sunday 21 August, morning flight from EWR to Panama City. I got a complimentary upgrade and so was in a window seat, which normally I don't take as I like to be able to get up. First good omen was my seatmate liked to get up giving me...
  5. W

jfk to cdg 4 May 2010

This was a 777 aircraft. In his greeting the pilot said in French there would be medium turbulence but in English, moderate to severe, about 3 hours out. He even said they would try to get the service finished before then. True to his word, somewhere over St. Pierre south of Newfoundland, the...