Search results

1. A

Severe turbulence in the Northeast tonight

Hello everyone, I'm not sure if anyone has been affected, but there are high winds in the Northeastern part of the US tonight following heavy rain earlier in the afternoon. I came to this site and see there is severe turbulence being reported by flights throughout the Northeast. This is one of...
  2. A

12/21 VIE - IAD Austrian 93

Hello, I'll be flying back tomorrow and would appreciate any insights you could provide. It appears there are storms in both Europe and the Eastern Coast of the US. If it appears the turbulence is expected to be severe on this flight, I may consider postponing as I'm already sick and not in...
  3. A

12/9 iad - vie os 94 5:40 pm - 12/10 vie - ebl os 829 10:10 am

Thanks in advance for any insights you can provide for these flights connecting in Vienna.
  4. A

Recent flights through Europe and the Middle East

Hello, This is a bit late, but two weeks ago I returned from a trip where I flew seven times in about two weeks from the US to the Middle East, Central Asia, and Europe. Six out of the seven trips were not too bad, even the ones that involved flying over mountains and through rain storms. All...
  5. A

Prevalence of 'air pockets'

Hello, Has anyone here ever flown through an "air pocket" that caused their plane to abruptly drop or descend? I'm not sure what the proper term is, but unfortunately I've been through a few of these situations and I've developed an extreme fear of going through it again. How common is this...
  6. A

3/31 iad - dxb ua 976

Hello, Thanks in advance for your service. Any details you can provide are greatly appreciated.