1/27 10:05 am TXL-FCO AB8706

tb_neg

Administrator
Staff member
Hi. Looks pretty good, probably some light bumps out of Berlin for a while, but the rest looks good. It's not a bad looking map to my eyes.

greatalex

Lifetime Elite
Thanks!

I can't "read" or "interpret" the second map.. could you help?
Basically the flight was OK except when passing above the Alps (typical) but in general only light.

The return flight (yesterday) had strong headwinds and was quite bumpy (ok I guess this is still light..) and especially landing in Berlin due to the air (i guess?) was not so smooth..

I kind of expected it given the maps I was looking (europe 12h-24h) but still didnt like it.. oh well..

tb_neg

Administrator
Staff member
Sure thing. The green arrows mean a jet, usually just light, unless there is a yellow border around the green jet, then you can expect light to moderate if there is a single ^ in the legend pointing to the yellow area. If there is a double caret stacked on one another (two of these vertically, ^), then that area can have moderate to severe turbulence. Red area means weather, isol means isolated (meaning the weather is spread out and not concentrated), occl means occasional and means the storms are more concentrated, freq means it's quite dense and stormy, so expect light to moderate, maybe some severe if you get unlucky!

So, that's all there is to it.