11/25 dl 3888 mci-cvg 4:30 pm

zoidberg

Lifetime Elite
Maps not looking too good right now. Hopefully it clears up by then. I'm assuming jet stream turbulence ocurs where the isolines are close together?

tb_neg

Administrator
Staff member
There is a strong jet in the area, low pressure areas moving in, and rain in the area, probably going to have some light to moderate turbulence at times. Probably not as bad as you're thinking though.

zoidberg

Lifetime Elite
Wait, this isn't until Tuesday. Never mind then. We'll look again Monday.

great! I forget if you want them 24 or 48 hours in advance. I always try to post two days before just to give you enough time to respond. I guess I get worried I won't get a response if I wait too long.

Weather-wise I think tomorrow looks great, but there could be a lot of CAT associated with the jet. Either way, short flight so it won't be a big deal I guess.

I hate flying in 50-seaters to begin with, but being tossed around in one like a sardine in a can does not sound fun at all. of course, I still have the option of just cancelling and driving for 8 hours. :)

tb_neg

Administrator
Staff member
Oh, I wouldn't cancel your flight and drive for 8 hours, that's a long drive. Probably some light to moderate on the flight, probably no way around that, but as you know, we don't endorse canceling a flight or changing plans otherwise based on the site or forecasts. You are right though, short flight so it won't be a big deal, no matter what, probably just some jet related CAT to deal with.

zoidberg

Lifetime Elite
Oh, I wouldn't cancel your flight and drive for 8 hours, that's a long drive. Probably some light to moderate on the flight, probably no way around that, but as you know, we don't endorse canceling a flight or changing plans otherwise based on the site or forecasts. You are right though, short flight so it won't be a big deal, no matter what, probably just some jet related CAT to deal with.

I certainly do appreciate that. It's a decision i've been grappling with for some time. If I drive/rent a car, i'd probably be less stressed out and calmer, but have less time to see my family. I have never flown in the winter months, although I did fly back from PHX-CVG in the early spring and that flight was certainly an interesting one. It helps if I know at least one person on the plane. This "flying solo" thing is new to me.

zoidberg

Lifetime Elite
Return flight was way better than the one out there. Sorry I took forever to reply to this. I'll be flying again shortly on Christmas Eve.. and unfortunately Delta has phased out their nonstop flights from MCI-CVG, so I have to take a longer more expensive, roundabout route. :/

As usual though, your forecast was on the mark! The Kansas City area was smooth as glass but I think the jets congregated in Illinois/Indiana because about halfway through the flight it got pretty bumpy. The flight back was almost entirely smooth.