12/24 5:40 am mci-atl-lex dl941 dl5470

zoidberg

Lifetime Elite
Hi!

Hope your holiday season is going well. I am a bit nervous about these flights, in particular the connection from ATL.. weather forecast for my hometown not looking too good. I usually fly through CVG and have someone drive me but this ended up being the cheaper way. Hopefully the early morning air will be smooth!

This one's very early so posting 2 days in advance just in case. Happy Holidays!

tb_neg

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, doesn't look terrific. Probably occasional to continuous light to moderate for much of the trip. But, thankfully, it's a short flight both times. Happy Holidays to you too.

zoidberg

Lifetime Elite
I just looked at the maps again, they look a bit better than they were forecasted earlier. Hopefully it's just light most of the way through! Never been sick on an airplane before but continuous mod would probably do it. Hopefully the flights before mine will report which altitudes are good for smoother air. Thanks again tb.

coachrowsey

First Officer
Pilots are very good at avoiding the worst stuff, but got to agree with TB & if you get better thank the crew. You,re ahead of the game.

tb_neg

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Zoidberg, I'm curious as to what you actually get on your flight tomorrow. Please report back if you can.

coachrowsey! Merry Christmas!

zoidberg

Lifetime Elite
MCI to ATL was great. It must just be the 757 because they turned the seat belt sign on a few times at cruise but both events lasted just a few minutes. I don't know how to classify light vs moderate. It seemed like most of the events were light but the FA sounded concerned when he told everyone to strap in and check seatbelt security. Descent into atlanta was a bit choppy but it was fine.

The second flight was a lot bumpier, but that may be due to the CRJs small size. The first half was fine but once we got over TN or so it got bumpy and the descent was pretty bumpy. Still seemed like the lighter side of moderate to me.

Thanks again! On my flights back I'm taking a mad dog instead of a 757 from ATL.. not too happy about that. The MD series always gives me jitters, especially after the faa ordered inspections and the Alaska Airlines event.