4/29 ORD to LAX, wheels-up at 0900, UAL

tb_neg

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry, busy week and I processed 4/29 at about 6pm yesterday. Looks like it was ok?

tfaw

Lifetime Elite
Wheels up will now be 5/1 @ 0900...

Wheels up will now be 5/1 @ 0900...

Had to miss the earlier flight - now scheduled for Friday!!

tb_neg

Administrator
Staff member
I think it looks pretty good. Enjoy, and have an In and Out in my honor.

tfaw

Lifetime Elite
Flight report

Flight report

Actually, I did not depart Chicago ORD until the last flight out on Friday nightm which was United 983, flying an A320. Most of Friday in Chicago was overcast with light winds, but around sundown, the skies opened up.

Wheels were up at about 10pm, and I was riding in 3A. The take-off run was ok, but I became I bit concerned because the plane seemed to vibrate at lift-off than usual. Therefore, I turned to Channel 9, and luckily, the pilot has activated the channel. The vibration was only for about 5 seconds or so, but it spooked me.

Turns out that everything was nominal, and the crew made a gentle acsent to our cruising altitude of 38K. Fairly smooth for the first 30 minutes, but then we encountered light to moderate chop for about 30 minutes. We continued with the bumps off and on until finally the pilots concluded that getting down to 28K would be better. At that point the flight was about 50% complete.

Turns out that at 28K, the ride was no better. Listening to the chatter on the radio, it seemed the entire region west of the Mississippi was experiencing light chop. No way to get around it.

The final 30 minutes of the 4 hour, 12 minute flight were spent descending into LAX approach. Was a bit choppy until we were about 15 minutes from landing.

None of the chops were severe or alarming, and none of it bothered me too much. Perhaps the wine helped dull my senses.

Touchdown was unremarkable, and we go to the gate at about midnight. LAX was pretty quiet at that hour, which was nice.

Anyhow, that is it for now, and I head to Seattle from LAX on March 11th.