4/3 a3852 ath-txl 8:40-10:35am

tb_neg

Administrator
Staff member
It's a little too early to worry! Weather will look completely different by that time. Let's revisit night of 4/2.

tb_neg

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like nothing to worry about, some light near to TXL due to rain, no severe or anything else indicated, jet stream seems tame. Should be nice!

greatalex

Lifetime Elite
Thanks once again for the useful information :)

I guess the flight was OK looking back at it on a calm manner (although during the flight as usual I'm not calm at all). For some reason even though the skies seemed clear, we had some light bumps over Czech republic and on top of Greece but I guess I could attribute that to the mountains we were flying above?
Landing was very smooth, like the smoothest, even though the captain seemed to make some sharp turns and also the altitude levels didn't change very smoothly (I guess he was following orders from the Control tower?)

thats my flight path (the one from 3rd of April) https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/a3852

why this big turn just before landing?

All this info would help me figure out what happens and maybe bit a little more re-assured next time.

tb_neg

Administrator
Staff member
Yep, the mountains cause bumps, no ways around that.

As for the sharp turns and abrupt level changes, it could be for a myriad of reasons, including other traffic, noise abatement, spacing on the runway, better abrupt turns and such rather than running into another aircraft, sounds like he was a good pilot.

Regarding noise abatement, it turns out people don't like airplanes flying over their homes!

greatalex

Lifetime Elite
Yep, the mountains cause bumps, no ways around that.

As for the sharp turns and abrupt level changes, it could be for a myriad of reasons, including other traffic, noise abatement, spacing on the runway, better abrupt turns and such rather than running into another aircraft, sounds like he was a good pilot.

Regarding noise abatement, it turns out people don't like airplanes flying over their homes!

interesting, maybe this explains why by looking the flight history, when the flight happens near noon, the plane flies around the city to the west, while when the flight happens late at night it always goes on the east...