Ny-fra-acc

lappy529

Went to Ghana two months ago. Flew NY to Frankfurt and FRA to Accra. NY to FRA was fine, but landing in Ghana was a harrowing experience. Upon landing, the plane descended into storm clouds and dropped several times. Frrrrreeeeaaakkkkkeeeddd me out. Ascending from FRA on the way home, also experienced some slight droppage but nothing too concerning.

Any tips to deal with roller-coaster type droppage? I love to travel but I don't want to have to fear having a panic attack. I know that kind of turbulance won't cause a crash, I am just terrified of the feeling.

747Fan

Lifetime Elite
Tips: I have found that taking Dramamine or Bonine for motion sickness really helps lessen the "dropping effect". You still feel it, but with at least 50% less effect.

I always found that descending into MCO was never smooth. Not sure if it was the ILS system or not, but regardless, taking Bonine really helped (Bairly noticed it).

tb_neg

Administrator
Staff member
I've been to MCO a few times, never any problems there. I wonder what's happening.

I always found that descending into MCO was never smooth. Not sure if it was the ILS system or not, but regardless, taking Bonine really helped (Bairly noticed it).